Friday, October 16, 2015

Botanica Fall Project -- Installing a Nest and Origami Cranes

This is the site for the nest.  I made the nest by interlocking the twigs and tree sticks, without any wires nor nails, just like birds do.  

A load of sticks  

I see weddings going on almost everyday.  Congratulations!  Now the cranes were installed.

This site gets gorgeous shadows in sunny afternoons

Black and white view

Shadow crane

While I was making it, people came in to the nest and started taking photos one after another.  Love it!

Completed views of my outdoor installation "Prairie Origami Cranes and Nest"



My cranes move!



This piece is going to be up there for the month of October.  The artist statement is here.

Botanica
701 Amidon St, Wichita, KS 67203
(316)264-0448
9:00am - 5:00pm