Monday, January 9, 2017

"A Thread X A Thread" at Chiba Port Tower, Chiba, Japan


     I'm back in Wichita, Kansas from my busy trip to Japan.  I had two shows in Japan, one at Chiba Port Tower in Chiba, and another was at TANADA Piece Gallery in Kyoto.

   

     Chiba Port Tower is a landmark building in Chiba, the next prefecture to Tokyo, which attracts more than 5,000 people during the Christmas season. There is an observatory at the top three levels from where you can see the 360° view of Chiba Port and Chiba area, Tokyo, and even Mt. Fuji .  When we were there, the tower was decorated with a Christmas illumination.  Here are some photos from the observatory at the top floor.  



Mt. Fuji in the distance

Chiba Port

Chiba City area

     They have an art gallery on the first floor, which was the space for my work.  This gallery is the closest gallery to the place where my mother lives; that was the reason why this show happened.  My piece was shown there for ten days.      


My daughter helping me with installing the piece

The first visitors to my work at Chiba Port Tower

(photo:  Hisayoshi Saito,Chiba Port Tower 写真提供 千葉ポートタワー斎藤久芳館長)
   

(photo:  Hisayoshi Saito,Chiba Port Tower 写真提供 千葉ポートタワー斎藤久芳館長)


(photo:  Hisayoshi Saito,Chiba Port Tower 写真提供 千葉ポートタワー斎藤久芳館長)


      After my daughter and I came back from a trip to Kansai, we saw so many threads were added and some of them were quite creative.   Thank you, people in Chiba, for adding the threads!




     It was quite a special experience to exhibit my work at a landmark building where so many people visited and interacted with my piece.