Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Treasuring the Moment 一期一会 Ichi-go Ichi-e at Northcutt Steele Gallery, MSUB, Billings, Montana



I had a wonderful time in Montana! The trip went very smoothly and the weather was fantastic. Installing my show was a big fun with three different ceiling heights. Before the opening, I was able to give workshops to three art classes and the students helped me start a new thread piece. Thanks to the excellent presentation equipment and the warm audience, the artist talk went well! I appreciated their interesting and thought provoking questions as well! Jodi and Robin took extra good care of me, took me hiking in the mountains, took me to Red Lodge, a historic charming city, and always made sure that I had the best food in town. I'm so grateful for everything! It was as if I were surrounded by angels! The show is up till Dec. 14th. @Northcutt Steele Gallery, Montana State University Billings

Treasuring the Moment  一期一会 Ichi-go Ichi-e

Place: Northcutt Steele Gallery, Montana State University, Billings, Billings, MT

Liberal Arts Building, 1st Floor, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT, 59101

Date: Nov. 16 - Dec. 14, 2023


Here are some photos from the show. The photos are shared with permission.

A drawing class came and helped me making a thread piece.




Later, they did a drawing session looking at my pieces.




Next day, she brought her friend with her.  I love that!



Another art class


Artist talk



Opening reception