Saturday, June 20, 2020

Working on Planning for the Keeper

      After getting some information and inspiration, my daughter and I did some brainstorming and talked about several different ideas while we did some sketching.  We nailed down an idea that we both liked, and I did a drawing on a sheet of paper with color pencils first.  We chose this stylized and simplified mode of rendering with many colors to create a vibrant and whimsical tone.


 





     Then, I transferred the image to a  template sheet, and my daughter created a digital image from it.






     Together with the artist statement, we sent the proposal and it got approved thankfully by the Bosin Foundation and Together Wichita, but we needed to wait to receive the Keeper for about a month due to the Corona Virus pandemic and the stay at home order.  What a time to live in!  Stay safe everybody!