Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Revisiting the Previous Works -- Snow Ball Tower (2013)

     To prepare a Powerpoint presentation for the artist talk at Tulsa Community College Center 4 Creativity, I'm re-visiting my old photos and videos of my works.  I am going to share them here, too.

Snow Ball Tower (2013)

     In the winter 2013, we had a lot of snow in Wichita.  My kids and I started making a snowman, but instead, we ended up with this snow ball tower.


     That night, the tower touched the moon...!



     Next morning, it fell down unfortunately, but I made more towers after that.  



     Then we had another round of snow...


     Nest morning, it looked like this.


     The fresh snow covered all the footprints of mine.  


     Some animals' footsteps in the fresh snow proved the presence of early risers.  


     I found that stacking multiple snow balls in cold weather was just a tedious and tiresome job.  However, during the process, I encountered things from nature that were alive and interacting with the towers, which made me discover the beauty of this process-oriented ephemeral land art.

Tulsa Community College, McKeon Center for Creativity, Tulsa, OK
910 Boston Ave, Tulsa, OK, 74119
Dates: March 2, 2020 - March 27, 2020
Opening Reception: March 3, 2020 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Artist Talk: 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm
Workshop: 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Admission is free.
Registration is required for the workshop.
If you join the workshop, please bring an unopened 2-liter bottle!

For more information, click the TCC event pages:
Reception & Art Workshop with Chiyoko Myose
Chiyoko Myose Installation Exhibit