Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Symphony in the Flint Hills 2017

     A couple of days ago, my husband and I went to Symphony in the Flint Hills.  This year, it was held at Deer Horn Ranch near Junction City, Kansas.  This year's event was commemorating the 150th anniversary of Chisholm Trail.  

     This is the second time we were able to go there because of free tickets, thanks to the opportunity of submitting my works to be printed in their annual Field Journal. This year, I am excited that my work was included to the event's program brochure as well, which was handed out to 7,000 people.  I am glad to be a small part of this beautiful event!   

     We enjoyed the music, nature, and the people who look so natural in this open prairie land.  Beautiful evening.  Love calling ourselves Kansans.  



A panorama view

     I couldn't resist taking this photo with the Flint Hills Field Journal (front right), the Commemorative Program (front center and left), and my actual painting (back) together.  I am so thankful for this rare opportunity.